West Coast Tour
Friday, 4– 11pm & Saturday, 11am–11pm
Veterans Community Media Center
1720 Market Street
Coffee and snacks all day long
Grounds For Dissent: The Bay Area’s first Pop-Up GI Coffeehouse. Coffee and snacks all day long. Also GI Rights counseling and information tabling.
- 4pm unveiling, street flyering
- 6pm Grand Opening food, beverage, conviviality. War is Trauma and Anti-militarist Poster Exhibit
- 7pm Meet the Coffeehouse Touring party Coffee Strong Under TheHood and the Clearing Barrel. Hear about work in supporting service members, military communities and GI resistance
- 8–12 Dissenters Ball a dance party and performances
- 10am Cafe opens
- 11–1pm BAY-Peace (Better Alternatives For Youth)
- 1:30–3pm Warrior Writers Workshop with Aaron Hughes AVAW
- 4-5:30pm Critical Resistance workshop—militarized policing and community resistance.
- 6pm Enrooting Spaces of Resistance Panel Discussion
- 8-11pm Open Mic and Performances — Eddie Falcon (40 thieves), Keady Phelan + more!
THE TOUR: Started on February 13th in San Diego, CA and ends in Everett, WA on March 2nd. Help us support the rights of service members, veterans and military families while challenging war and militarism by supporting the GI Coffeehouse Tour. Join us on a tour stop in California, Oregon or Washington, make a tax-deductible donation online today, or learn more about the work of the coffeehouses including our connection to Vietnam-era GI coffeehouses gicoffeehousetour.org
Follow the tour as it heads up the west coast!
Help us share the story of the GI Coffee House West Cost Tour with others!
Includes highlights and photos from our stops in, San Diego, CA, Fountain View, CA and Los Angeles, CA. More to come, follow our blog.