Celebrate The Right Of Peoples To Peace
Sunday, September 21, 2014
4:30-6:30 Informational Booths
5:30-6:30 No Host Cocktail Hour
6:30 Dinner, Introductions, Raffle, Presentations
Grace Evangelical Luthern Church
3201 Ulloa St., San Francisco
Contact: Latonia Dixon, email@example.com
The International Day of Peace, sometimes unofficially known as World Peace Day, is observed annually on 21 September. It is dedicated to world peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence, such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in acombat zone for humanitarian aid access. The day was first celebrated in 1982, and is kept by many nations, political groups, military groups, and peoples. In 2013, for the first time, the Day was dedicated by the Secretary-General of the United Nations to peace education, the key preventive means to reduce war sustainably. Read more…
PRESENTATIONS AND SPEAKERS
- Peace & Love: Keynote Speaker — Lt Michele Spencer has been serving her country for 27 years, currently the Executive Officer Sacramento’s 7305th Medical Training Support Battalion; California Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC), Medical Service Corps, BA, Liberal Arts and Military Science; Exercise Science Health Promotion Masters; Acupressure Massage Technician; Yoga Teacher and Reiki Master, penned and self-published war memoir B.A.G.H.D.A.D. Yoga A Shift in Consciousness: Fear to Love, War to Peace.
- On Agent Orange — Paul Cox Swords to Plowshares, Board present member, Past Chair; Bob Basker Post 315 of the American Legion, Adjutant and Financial Officer, Veterans for Peace Chapter 69 Secretary.
- The Good Life Crisis — Nick Shelton a life-long learner whose interests include philosophy, spirituality, and self-improvement. Nick currently works in Silicon Valley where he is finding the Good Life at some of the world’s best places to work. Nick earned his Master’s degree from Yale University in religion and philosophy after studying business and economics at the University of Oxford and Mercer University. The Good Life Crisis is Nick’s his first nonfiction project. Nick’s other passions include running, traveling, cooking, trying new things, meeting interesting people, visiting cozy bookstores, and smiling until it hurts. Nick@TheGoodLifeCrisis.com
- Women and Peace/Freedom To Prevent Sexual Violence — Bronwyn Galloway JD/MA., United Nations Association, San Francisco Chapter Board member, Executive Committee Secretary, Women’s Committee Chair
- Real Live Comedians — Jason Mack’s fresh, witty writing and charmingly awkward personality have made him a rising star in Northern California’s comedy scene. His adjustment from service as a United States Naval Air crewman into life as a struggling college student, in the “slightly less conservative” city of San Francisco, further shaped his dry, biting, and dark but silly comic voice.
- Campaign Nonviolence — Sherri Maurin Sherri shares her recent “Peace Journeys” to Kabul, Afghanistan and Jeju Island, So. Korea. Sherri is an educator, Nonviolence trainer, long-time activist organizer and an Associate Member of Veteran’s for Peace (VFP). Sherri travels all over the US speaking truth to power and promoting Nonviolence. She has served as a Nonviolent Peacekeeper in Palestine, Cairo, and throughout Central America.
- San Francisco Veterans Lions Club
- Veterans For Peace Chapter 69
- Robert Basker American Legion Post 315
- Campaign Nonviolence
- Hope House for Veterans
SF Veterans Lions Club, American Legion Bob Basker Post 315, Veterans For Peace Chapter 69, IVAW, AmVets Post 34, San Francisco United Nations Assoc., Campaign Nonvoilence.